Online Classroom with Instructor-led Driving
Is your teen involved in extra-curricular activities or have other time restrictions that make taking the traditional classroom course a scheduling challenge?
Do you want a local company that has a proven track record of providing safe and meaningful instruction for the state required 7 hours of driving & 7 hours of observation.
Green Light Driving Academy now offers the best of both, the flexibility of online classroom & instructor-led behind-the-wheel driving instruction.
(Please read the program information below. Click on the road sign at the bottom of this page to register)
How does the program work?
Once the parent and teen determine that the online classroom with instructor-led driving program is the best option:
- Click on the road sign below, fill out and submit the form to begin the registration process.
- A Green Light Driving Academy staff member will contact you within 24-48 hours (excluding Sundays and holidays) and will provide you with a contract and instructions on how to pay for the course.
- Once we receive a copy of the completed contract and payment, we will be able to provide you with instructions on how to log in to the website to begin the classroom instruction.
- Please keep in mind the following items:
- The classroom will be completed online and the 14 hours of in-car instruction will be completed with Green Light Driving Acdemy Instructors. (Includes a 3 day Drug & Alcohol Driving Awareness class at a GLDA location, if you choose to attend) Cost is $440.
- Green Light Driving Academy recommends that parents attend one of our free Parent Orientation classes before completing the online registration process.
- The online classroom portion will be completed with our online partners, Aceable.com. Please contact their help center with any question related to the online classroom portion of this course including technical issues. ACEABLE HELP CENTER
- After the first 6 hours of the online classroom has been completed and the student has passed the permit tests online, Aceable will issue a DE-964 that will allow the teen student to obtain their learner's permit from a DPS office.
- The DE-964 certificate needed for the learner's permit will be mailed to the student.
- Once this certificate is received and if the student is 15 years of age, the parent will need to take the student to a Texas DPS office to have the permit issued. Please read through the instructions for obtaining the learners permit from a Dept. of Public Safety office: HOW TO OBTAIN INSTRUCTION PERMIT
- Green Light Driving Academy MUST have a copy of the learner's permit on file. After obtaining the learner's permit from a DPS office, scan a copy and email it to: COPY OF LEARNER'S PERMIT
- Once the online classroom portion of the course has been completed, Aceable will transfer the teen's DE-964 completion certificate to Green Light Driving Academy. This certificate will also be mailed to the student.
- Please bring this certificate to the Green Light Driving Academy office as soon as possible. Once we receive this, we will be able to register the student on Schedule 2 Drive and the teen may begin the driving portion of the course with our instructors. All driving lessons will be scheduled using our online scheduling system. INSTRUCTIONS FOR DRIVE LESSON SCHEDULING
- The enrollment contract has a deadline of one year from the day the student is activated to start the driving instruction. Please keep this date in mind. ALL INSTRUCTION, both classroom & behind-the-wheel, must be completed before the contract period expires. If all portions of the course are not completed by that deadline, the student will loose credit for unfinished portions of the course.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INITIAL REGISTRATION ONLY ONCE.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CONFIRMATION OF YOUR SUBMITTAL, HOWEVER, WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24-48 BUSINESS HOURS (EXCLUDING SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS) WITH A CONTRACT AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAYMENT OF TUITION.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED AFTER 48 HOURS, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE AT 817-310-0193.