Online Classroom with Instructor-led Driving
Is your teen involved in extra-curricular activities or have other time restrictions that make taking the traditional classroom course a scheduling challenge?
Do you want a local company that has a proven track record of providing safe and meaningful instruction for the state required 7 hours of driving & 7 hours of observation.
Green Light Driving Academy now offers the best of both, the flexibility of online classroom & instructor-led behind-the-wheel driving instruction.
(Please read the program information below. Click on the road sign at the bottom of this page to register)
How does the program work?
Once the parent and teen determine that the online classroom with instructor-led driving program is the best option:
- Click on the road sign below, fill out and submit the form to begin the registration process.
- A Green Light Driving Academy staff member will contact you within 24-48 hours (excluding Sundays and holidays) and will provide you with a contract and instructions on how to pay for the course.
- Once we receive a copy of the completed contract and payment, we will be able to provide you with instructions on how to log in to the website to begin the classroom instruction.
- Please keep in mind the following items:
- Cost: $440.00
- The driver education course requires 32 hours of classroom instruction and 44 hours of driving instruction (14 hours with GLDA instructors, 30 hours with parents).
- Green Light Driving Academy recommends that parents attend one of our free Parent Orientation classes before completing the online registration process.
- The classroom instruction will be completed online using the course provided by Aceable.com. If there are any technical issues with the course, please contact their help center with any question related to the online classroom portion of this course including technical issues. ACEABLE HELP CENTER
- GLDA will provide the log in instructions once we have the contract and payment of tuition.
- After the first 6 hours of the online classroom has been completed and the student has passed the permit tests online, Aceable will issue a DE-964 certificate that will allow the teen student to obtain their learner's permit from a DPS office.
- The DE-964 certificate needed for the learner's permit will be emailed to the student via the email address provided to Aceable.
- Once this certificate is received and if the student is 15 years of age, the parent will need to take the student to a Texas DPS office to have the permit issued. Please read through the instructions for obtaining the learners permit from a Dept. of Public Safety office: HOW TO OBTAIN INSTRUCTION PERMIT
- The student can attend our 3-day Drug & Alcohol Driving Awareness classes at any GLDA location, at no extra cost. We can issue a certificate for taking this 3-day course which can be used for up to 5% discount on the student's insurance premiums. This is OPTIONAL. If interested, contact the office for details and schedule of these classes.
- When the student has finished all of their classroom instruction, a second DE-964 certificate will be emailed to the student via the email address provided to Aceable. That certificate must be turned into the office.
- The 14 hours of in-car instruction can begin after GLDA receives a copy of the student's permit even if the classroom instruction is not complete. The student should continue with the classroom instruction.
- Scheduling of the driving lessons with GLDA instructors will be done through our scheduling system, Schedule 2 Drive. The 30 hours of driving with parents can be done anytime AFTER the student has their permit and will be logged into Schedule 2 Drive once activated.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR DRIVE LESSON SCHEDULING
- The enrollment contract has a deadline of one year from the day the student is activated to start the driving instruction. Please keep this date in mind.
- ALL INSTRUCTION, both classroom & behind-the-wheel, must be completed before the contract period expires. If all portions of the course are not completed by that deadline, the student will loose credit for unfinished portions of the course.
COMPLETING THE COURSE
- The student must complete the classroom instruction (providing GLDA with the transferred DE-964 completion certificate), the driving instruction with GLDA instructors and the parent logged hours to receive the final paperwork required for the student to get their drivers license.
GLDA is authorized to administer the DPS Road Test for teens. Please refer to our website for information regarding this: TEEN DPS ROAD TESTING
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INITIAL REGISTRATION ONLY ONCE.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CONFIRMATION OF YOUR SUBMITTAL, HOWEVER, WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24-48 BUSINESS HOURS (EXCLUDING SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS) WITH A CONTRACT AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAYMENT OF TUITION.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED AFTER 48 HOURS, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE AT 817-310-0193.